Monday, April 9, 2012

Allman Brothers Band "Come & Go Blues"

OK, OK.  I confess.  There are some individual songs that just floor me over and over again no matter how many times I hear them.  The Allman Brothers "Come & Go Blues" is no exception.  I heard them play that tune live in 2007 at the Minnesota State Fair just out of the blue.  I was a bit superstitious, crossing my fingers it would be in the set, and... it was!  There's something about the melodic structure of this song and how Gregg Allman on B3 and the guitar section (Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks in the modern lineup, and, Dickey Betts, along with Chuck Leavell's piano on the original cut), meld together. 

It's just a killer tune in all aspects.  So, I am going to post the two versions.  First up, original cut circa 1973 on "Brothers & Sisters"


1 comment:

  1. The video of the original version of "Come & Go Blues" from "Brothers & Sisters" has become unavailable.

    ReplyDelete