Friday, April 27, 2018

Ry Cooder "Straight Street"


Another tune from Ry Cooder's new record "The Prodigal Son" coming out in two weeks.  This is "Straight Street".

Directed by Jeff Coffman

LYRICS

well i used to live on broadway, right next to the liar’s house
my number was self-righteousness and a very little guide of mouth
so i moved, yes i moved, and i’m living on straight street now

before i moved over, let me tell you how it was with me
old satan had me bound in chains and i had no liberty
one day my heart got troubled all about my dwelling place
i heard the Lord when He spoke to me, and he told me to leave that place
so i moved, i moved and i’m living on straight street now

since i moved, i’m really living, i’ve got peace within
i thank the Lord for everything, so glad i found new friends
since i moved, i moved, and i’m living on straight street now

No comments:

Post a Comment