Sunday, August 10, 2014

Skip's Spotify Sunday 8-10-14

*Note.  There will be no Spotify Sunday on August 17th.  The 17th, is the fourth and final day of the Peach Festival.  In the week following the festival, there will be reports on each day of music, summing up artists, set lists, and set highlights, and some of the artists, will be featured in possible Spotify Sunday listings, after the festival.  Stay tuned.

***

Kirk Whalum - singles

"When The Saints Go Marching Back In (feat. Coolio, Wayman Tisdale, Kyle Eastwood, and CZ)

Kirk Whalum & Doc Powell: "You Are Everything" - Live

Kirk Whalum (feat. Lala Hathaway: vocals) "He's Been Just That Good"

Kirk Whalum "And You Know That!"

1. Give Me Your Love
2. The Wave
3. Through The Fire
4. Seryna
5. Don't Look At Me
6. Where I Come From
7. Glow

Kirk Whalum "The Promise"

1. I Receive Your Love
2. N.E. Wind
3. The Promise
4. Ma Foi
5. L.C.'s Back
6. Desperately
7. Out-A-Hand
8. Don't Even Look
9. For All We Know

Kirk Whalum "Cache"

1. X-Factor
2. Love Is A Losing Game (feat. Jevetta Steele: vocals)
3. Livin' In The Streets
4. Fragilidad (Fragile) (Sting cover)
5. Love Saw It
6. Always A Part of Me
7. Cache
8. The Language Of Life
9. Fall In Love Again
10. Over The Rainbow

Kirk Whalum "In This Life"

1. In This Life
2. 'Til I Get It Right
3. Drowning In The Sea of Love
4. Peaceful Hideaway
5. I Wouldn't Be A Man
6. Living For The City
7. My Father's Hope
8. When The Night Rolls In
9. I Turn To You
10. Reck'n So
11. The Way I Need You Now
12. Dan Cette Vie (In This Life)

Kirk Whalum "Colors"

1. Cannonnesque
2. All I Need
3. Daddy Loves You
4. Strength In You
5. If Only For One Night
6. Escolhido - Chosen
7. Open My Eyes
8. After All This Time
9. Natchez
10. The Back Porch

Kirk Whalum "The Gospel According To Jazz, Chapter 1"

1. What The Lord Means To Me - Live
2. In All The Earth - Live
3. Blessed Assurance - Live
4. The Name - Live
5. Wade In The Water - Live (feat. Kevin Whalum: vocals)
6. All My Might - Live
7. Where He Leads Me - Live
8. Lord I Want To Be A Christian - Live
9. Where He Leads Me - Reprise - Live

Kirk Whalum "For You"

1. Anytime
2. Ascension
3. Same Ole' Love
4. My All
5. That's The Way Love Goes
6. For You
7. All I Do
8. Lover For Life
9. I Want You
10. Goin' In Circles

Kirk Whalum "Unconditional"

1. Now 'Til Forever
2. Groverworked & Underpaid
3. God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You
4. Unconditional
5. Can't Stop The Rain
6. Song For Evan
7. I Try
8. Playing With Fire
9. Real Love (feat. Wendy Moten: vocals)
10. Waltz For David

Kirk Whalum "Into My Soul"

1. Do You Feel Me
2. Into My Soul
3. Hold On I'm Coming
4. Another Beautiful Day
5. Hoddamile - Hot or Mild (feat. BWB)
6. I Loved You In Memphis (feat. Isaac Hayes: vocals, & Wendy Moten: vocals)
7. That's All Right (feat. Kevin Whalum: vocals)
8. Memphis Reason
9. Club Paradise
10. You Had Me At Hello (feat. Maurice White: vocals)
11. Me, Me, & You - + Bonus Track "Positude In B Major"

Kirk Whalum "The Christmas Message"

1. The First Noel
2. Do You Hear What I Hear?
3. Love From A Star
4. Cradle In Bethlehem
5. O Holy Night
6. The Little (Ghetto) Drummer Boy
7. Rise Up Shepard And Folow
8. Sweet Little Jesus Boy
9. Amazing Grace
10. We Three Kings
11. The Christmas Message
12. O Little Town of Bethlehem
13. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
14. Blott En Dag

Kirk Whalum "Roundtrip"

1. Courtney
2. Desperately
3. Ruby, Ruby, Ruby (feat. Earl Klugh: guitar)
4. Glow (feat. Jeff Golub: guitar)
5. The Wave
6. Big Ol' Shoes
7. Inside (feat. Shanice: vocals)
8. In A Whisper (feat. Kim Fields: spoken words)
9. Roundtrip (feat. Kenneth "Peanuts" Kyle, and Kevin Whalum: scat vocals)
10. Back In The Day (feat. "Caleb The Bridge": rapping, & Gerald Albright: alto saxophone)
11. Afterthought

Kirk Whalum "The Millenium Promise Jazz Project"

1. Stand By Me
2. Bridge Over Troubled Water
3. I Wish I Knew How It Feels To Be Free
4. A Day In The Life
5. The Fool on The Hill
6. People Get Ready
7. Eleanor Rigby
8. I'll Take You There
9. A Change Is Gonna Come
10. War
11. What's Going On
12. Track 12

Kirk Whalum "Performs The Babyface Songbook"

1. Exhale (Shoop Shoop)
2. Can We Talk
3. I'll Make Love To You
4. For The Cool In You
5. Breathe Again
6. When Can I See You
7. Betcha Never
8. Someone To Love
9. Not Gon' Cry
10. Whip Appeal
11. I Said I Love You
12. Wey U 

Kirk Whalum "The Gospel According To Jazz Chapter III."

Disc 1

1. Call To Worship
2. Fit To Battle
3. Ananias & Sapphira
4. Introduction To Rev
5. Rev
6. Because You Loved Me
7. Make Me A Believer
8. He's Been Just That Good (feat. George Duke: keyboards, Lalah Hathaway: vocals, Doc Powell: guitar, & Kevin Whalum: vocals)
9. If You Ever Need Me

Disc 2

1. Africa Jesus Africa
3. You Are Everything
3. Smile Medley (Part 1) Smile
4. Smile Medley (Part 2) God Has Smiled On Me
5. It's What I Do
6. The Thrill Is Gone
7. Running Away
8. You Are Everything

Kirk Whalum "Everything Is Everything: The Music of Donny Hathaway"

1. Giving Up
2. Someday We'll All Be Free
3. We're Still Friends (feat. Musiq Soulchild: vocals)
4. Love, Love, Love (feat. Rick Braun: trumpet)
5. A Song For You
6. Valdez In The Country (feat. Jeff Golub: guitar)
7. Je Vous Aime (I Love You)
8. You Had To Know (feat. Lalah Hathaway: vocals)
9. Tryin' Times (feat. Robert Randolph: pedal steel guitar)
10. We Need You Right Now
11. Voices Inside (Everything Is Everything)

Kirk Whalum "More of Everything Is Everything"

1. Thank You Master (For My Soul) [feat. John Stoddart: keyboards]
2. Gone Away (feat. Lauren Smith: vocals)
3. When Love Has Grown (feat. Jessy J.: vocals)
4. You Had To Know - Instrumental
5. Gone Away - Instrumental
6. This Christmas

Kirk Whalum "Romance Language"

1. They Say It's Wonderful
2. Dedicated To You
3. My One And Only Love
4. Lush Life
5. You Are Too Beautiful
6. Autumn Serenade
7. Almost Doesn't Count
8. I Wish I Wasn't

9. I Wanna Know
10. Spend My Life With You

BWB (Rick Braun, Kirk Whalum, & Norman Brown) "Human Nature"

*Michael Jackson tribute album

Rick Braun: trumpet
Kirk Whalum: tenor saxophone
Norman Brown: guitar

1. Another Part of Me
2. Billie Jean
3. Human Nature
4. Beat It
5. Who's Lovin' You
6. She's Out Of My Life
7. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
8. The Way You Make Me Feel
9. I Can't Help It
10. I'll Be There
11. Man In The Mirror














No comments:

Post a Comment