Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Soft Machine (feat. Allan Holdsworth) @ Montreux Jazz Festival, 1974


Check out Soft Machine in 1974.  These guys are definitely a cross between prog rock and jazz fusion, and the great Allan Holdsworth played guitar with them for a few years early on in their existence.  Here's the band lineup and the set list.

Allan Holdsworth: guitar & vocals
Karl Jenkins: keyboards, soprano saxophone, & oboe
Mike Ratledge: keyboards
Roy Babbington: bass
John Marshall: drums

The set list.

1. Hazard Profile
2. The Floating World
3. Eating Comedy
4. Bundles
5. Joint
6. The Man Who Waved At Trains
7. Drum Solo
8. Riff II
9. Lefty
10. Penny Hitch



3 comments:

  1. The video for the Soft Machine concert from 1974 at the Montreux Jazz Festival, has been removed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video for the Soft Machine concert from 1974 at the Montreux Jazz Festival, has been removed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you

    ReplyDelete